OMAHA PRESS CLUB
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Daisy Hutzell-Rodman
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 402-884-2041
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR Understanding political reporting in the digital age
Omaha, NE, January 15, 2016 — An all-star panel will gather at 5 p.m. on January 28 for a special Professional Development Seminar, presented by the Omaha Press Club and PRSA Nebraska.
The event is titled “Social Media and Advertising in the Iowa Caucuses.”
Come to the Press Club, 1600 Dodge St., 22nd Floor, and learn how to make sense of political reporting in the digital age. The Iowa Caucuses are the following Monday, February 1.
Here’s who is showing up to discuss a timely topic:
- Dr. Chris Allen, moderator — UNO School of Communication professor, Fullbright Scholar 2011-2012.
- Andy Curran — founder and president, We Vote Project. The We Vote Project urges transparency in state government.
- Robynn Tysver — political reporter, Omaha World Herald.
- Doug Parrott — recently retired as General Manager and Executive Vice President of Bailey
Lauerman and remains a PR consultant to the agency. Doug is a former political consultant
and news executive.
- Dr. Jody Neathery-Castro — associate professor and chair of UNO’s Political Science
Department. Her current research examines the role of gender, culture and identity in politics.
About the Omaha Press Club
The Omaha Press Club was formed to promote excellence in communications and media professions through fellowship, education and advocacy of freedom of information. Membership is open to everyone.
To find out more, contact the club at 402-345-8008 or http://www.omahapressclub.com. The event starts at 5 p.m. with a cocktail reception and the seminar, slated to last one hour, will begin at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $15/person, which includes the seminar and hors d’oeuvres. Students receive a special $5 rate. RSVP to 402-345-8008 or email@example.com.