AAF Omaha’s 2015 scholars were honored during the club’s professional development luncheon AdBites on May 19th at Anthony’s Steakhouse. Six of the club’s nine scholarship winners were in attendance to be honored by AAF Omaha’s membership.
In 1987, AAF Omaha established two scholarship funds to honor students attending Creighton University, University of Nebraska Omaha, University of Nebraska-Lincoln and University of Nebraska at Kearney.
“These scholarships are just one way our organization fosters the growth of our advertising industry,” said Matt Wilson, AAF Omaha’s president. “We want to build our industry’s future leaders by helping students pursue their dreams and careers in advertising, marketing, graphic design and communications.” AAF Omaha is able to award a total of $12,300 in scholarship funds to outstanding area student members this year.
Eligible students must have completed the first semester of their junior year as an advertising, graphic design, marketing or communications related major and show great interest in the field of advertising. Selection criteria includes academic performance of a 3.0 grade point average or above and participation in extracurricular activities, including AAF student advertising club involvement such as the Meet the Pros educational conference hosted annually by AAF Omaha.
AAF Omaha is pleased to award two $2,000 scholarships to the following students:
- Marissa Pfeifer, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Rosaleigh Welte, University of Nebraska Omaha
$1,650 scholarships will be awarded to the following two students:
- Cassandra Boehm, Creighton University
- Austin Smith, Creighton University
$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to the following five students:
- Taylor Cody, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Ethan Ochoa, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Nathan Weintz, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Lauren Van Winkle, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Marie Bauer, University of Nebraska at Kearney