WoodmenLife is looking for a Sr Digital Copywriter to join our team!
We are currently searching for a Sr. Digital Copywriter to perform necessary research to write materials, including primary source interviews, research into product benefits and features, industry comparisons and create themes for company initiatives and strategy-based projects. WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
General Position Summary
Writes and edits of all digital marketing and advertising pieces. Pieces include but are not limited to Web pages, landing pages, emails, blogs, social media posts, digital ads, video scripts, direct marketing pieces, brochures, magazine articles and ads, and special projects as assigned. This includes message and concept development for various Marketing and Public Relations initiatives designed for a variety of target audiences, including WoodmenLife’s Sales Force, members, prospective members, Home Office associates, and the general public.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Concept, research and write compelling digital content for initiative- and strategy-based projects and campaigns, as well as for traditional, executive-level communication pieces, various public relations, advertising, training and communication initiatives (i.e. online ads, promotional pieces, company websites, landing pages, infographics, publications articles, sales & recruitment brochures, scripts, etc.)
- Assist in determination of SEO search keywords for all digital content including blogs, website, website landing pages and video and creates tags for WoodmenLife YouTube videos for maximum digital exposure
- Work closely with multimedia designer and the Marketing Communications team to ensure digital content aligns with the WoodmenLife brand voice and overall strategy, implementing necessary changes in order to maximize lead generation results and brand awareness, and applies this knowledge to future projects and campaign efforts
- Contribute to overall campaign strategy for digital team and makes appropriate recommendations regarding campaign strategy and overall goals
- Work with digital campaign team to create benchmarks and analyze/evaluate digital impressions and overall traffic for lead generation, recruiting and awareness campaigns in order to meet key performance indicators as set by Marketing management
- Continue to stay informed of the latest digital marketing trends in the life insurance industry in order to target for maximum effectiveness
We need someone who:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in various disciplines of writing; three years specializing in digital
- Highly creative and imaginative with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of writing for digital media. Including SEO and SEM knowledge, email, social media, programmatic ads, landing pages and websites
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, effectively work on multiple projects of varying complexities, work well under pressure, and function in an agile marketing environment
- Ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate information to others
- Self-motivated, able to follow through on assignments and meet deadlines with minimal daily management oversight
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities quickly in a demanding work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively express and present ideas to both creative and non-creative personnel, listen well, and work in a team environment
- Ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service
- Engages well with others and is passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience
- Proficiency in Bright Edge, Microsoft Word and JIRA preferred
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line to see if it’s the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live. #LI-LB1
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.