About the job
Send resume, cover letter & salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 21.
The Greater Omaha Chamber is looking for the right person to join our Marketing/Communications team as our Media and Public Communication Specialist.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, regional cheerleader, rational advisor and strong relationship builder. They should love working with media, telling stories and engaging with the community.
This role will manage the public relations process from story idea through publication or on-site assistance at media conferences. They’ll advise on communications needs, both internal and external, and help the Marketing/Communications team execute various campaigns. Finally, they’ll help manage content on the Greater Omaha Chamber’s social media platforms to keep the public informed and engaged.
To join our team, you will need:
· Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in news writing and marketing efforts.
· Confidence and willingness to take initiative and responsibility to deliver expected project outcomes.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task, multiple high-priority projects
· Strong communication orientation and ability to work with all levels of Chamber leadership, including board, staff, members and vendors.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing with previous media relations or public relations experience preferred
· The ability to drive and/or provide own transportation, and have flexibility in work hours to include some early mornings, evenings and weekends as the media cycle calls for