In your new position.
The Director of Client Engagement is responsible for pushing the agency and client accounts forward. This position ensures the quality, timeliness, and profit contribution of the account services department and is responsible for the strategic growth of client accounts. The Director of Client Engagement works closely with cross-functional teams to identify specific client needs and business objectives and then implements solutions to meet client goals.
- 7-10 years experience in account management in an advertising agency or related field is preferred, but not required
- Possesses deep expertise in marketing and advertising, with particular emphasis on branding, digital, social media and integrated campaigns
- Possesses expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Mac-based programs
- Performs duties and tasks independently, with little supervision
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Holds people-management experience
- Growth mindset, critical thinking skills and effective delegation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, quality-focused environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and influencing skills
- Adapts quickly and easily to clients’ changing requests/needs
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills
- Management of department and staff
- Proactively seek out knowledge of marketing mediums and client industries
- Manage department financials
- Manages legal issues of department
- Ensures client satisfaction
- Leads client growth efforts and assists with new business
- Pushes culture forward
- Assists with running agency business
What we have to offer.
At Ervin & Smith, one thing is always true: We never settle. We push to find better solutions today than we did yesterday. We’re all about creating things that matter for our clients, our people and our business. Want proof? We’ve been named to Inc.’s list of 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Owned Businesses and voted one of Ad Age’s Best Places to Work by our employees.
You’ll receive competitive pay and all the essentials, including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan with matching, life/supplemental insurance, and a flexible working environment and time-off policies. You’ll also get training and ongoing development, as well as extra dollars for you to invest in your wellness and well-being.
Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.