DEPARTMENT: Account Service
SUPERVISOR: Director of Account Service
GENERAL PURPOSE: What, Why, How
This position generally provides assistance to account team with day-to-day account management activities, including addressing client requests, supporting production, creative and media activities, etc., to ensure smooth progress of client workflow. This professional will assist in deploying integrated campaigns by supporting the account team in providing client and internal deliverables in an accurate and timely manner.
Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed by account manager in development of creative and media briefs, client presentations and proposals, etc.
Become fluent in clients’ businesses so as to better anticipate their needs, ask better questions and help RCG prepare better recommendations and be a more valuable resource.
Assist in development of creative and media briefs to empower members of those teams to deliver appropriate materials and strategies to help clients reach their goals.
Champion clients’ projects through internal processes to help ensure timeliness, accuracy and adherence to brand, strategy and budget.
Internally work in tandem with the creative team to deliver high quality, on time branding and marketing solutions. This includes proofreading copy, scripts, artwork, agency and vendors’ proofs as requested; sees that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
Use RCG’s Client Approval Portal to facilitate script and copy approvals Work with Account Supervisor to communicate clear background and reference points for creative work being presented for approval.
Participate in and contribute to weekly all-agency, account service and production meetings.
Participate in and contribute to monthly all-agency meetings.
Other office support/project management and special projects as assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience in project management in an advertising or marketing setting
- Proven knowledge of developing and managing integrated marketing plans
- Proven experience in productively collaborating with team members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn new things
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and support your team in doing the same
- Ability and willingness to recognize and clarify ambiguous requests to ensure you are working to solve the right problem vs. just taking an order
- Ability and willingness to adapt to dynamic client needs
- Ability to navigate fast turnarounds
- Ability to use diplomacy to balance shifting priorities
- Ability to both work independently and function as a high-performing team member
FORMAL TRAINING & EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree preferred.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED: PC, laptop, basic office machines, automobile (must have a valid driver’s license).
CONTACTS: Clients, RCG team, agency vendors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Multiple projects to be handled at one time, some requiring rapid turnaround. Most team members have individual offices.
NOTE: Due to the pandemic, RCG is currently allowing team members to work in the office or remotely, based on their individual preferences. While we will maintain flexibility for remote work on an as-needed basis, an expectation of in-office attendance for this position is anticipated to resume in the second or third quarter of 2021.
JOB KNOWLEDGE NEEDED – PROCEDURES & PRACTICES
Software: MS Office, Webvantage
Human relations skills
Familiarity with advertising, media and/or related industries
RESPONSIBILITY & JUDGMENT – DECISIONS MADE, MOST DIFFICULT TASK
Decisions made – Prioritize work in progress
Most difficult task – Balancing multiple projects and priorities
The position of Account Coordinator will report to the Director of Account Service. You will also work collaboratively with your client team to distribute and share accountability for multiple interrelated responsibilities.