Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – Woodmen of the World may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for more than 120 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement. At Woodmen of the World, everyone makes an impact, and the average job tenure for our associates is more than 18 years.
As a not-for-profit, Woodmen of the World is a different kind of insurance company.
We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of a company where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – Woodmen of the World is the place for you!
Position: SR Copywriter
Develops messages and concepts for various Marketing and Public Relations initiatives. With minimal supervision from Supervisor, writes and edits multiple internal and external pieces designed for our end consumers, including the Field Force, Fraternal Division, Human Resources Division, members, prospective members and Home Office associates. Variety includes but is not limited to product sales collateral, advertisements, direct mail letters, web copy, broadcast scripts, magazine articles, reports, and training materials.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs necessary research to write materials, including primary source interviews, research into product benefits and features, industry comparisons, etc.
• Concepts themes for initiative and strategy-based projects.
• Writes copy for various advertising, training and communication initiatives (i.e. publication articles, sales brochures, marketing guides, carious advertisements, letters, postcards, client presentations, scripts, web copy, emails, etc.)
• Responsible for the creation of executive level communication pieces.
• Proofreads and revises materials to ensure that copy is legally compliant and error-free.
• Support Marketing Communications and Marketing Operations (Managers and support staff) in implementing projects and programs.
• Serve as liaison to assigned division or department.
• Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and Woodmen of the World
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum of five years experience in various disciplines of writing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Communications or equivalent work experience.
• Highly creative and imaginative.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in writing for publications, internal communications, web, and email marketing efforts.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate information to others.
• Individual should be self-motivated and able to follow through on assignments with minimal daily management oversight.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities quickly in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities, and work well under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively express and present ideas to both creative and non-creative, listen well, and work in a team environment.
• Ability to interface and work with all levels of personnel in a team environment.
• Ability to independently develop concepts and themes and write creatively.
• Excellent computing skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work with outside organizations and actively participate on different community committees.
Woodmen of the World is a fraternal benefit organization that offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of Woodmen of the World’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
Woodmen of the World is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. Woodmen of the World is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONSARENEEDED.
WOODMEN OF THE WORLD LIFE INSURANCE SOCIETY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.