Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
Manages the operation of Web Services by directing the design, development, testing, release and maintenance of internal and external web systems, sites and applications. Trains, supervises and evaluates the design and development efforts of web Services staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages websites, servers, domains and systems necessary to support the organization’s online relationships with members, Associates and Sales Force.
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of the infrastructure, hardware, and software utilized for WoodmenLife.org.
- Prioritize, execute and manage steady state and new feature deployments with web services team including sprint planning, establishing requirements and UAT testing.
- Meet regularly with advertising and communication project teams to identify opportunities for testing and optimization related to lead conversion on the website, and work with the other teams necessary to implement tests.
- Directs and coordinates content management for all websites and development of external websites and applications.
- Manages staff and outcomes in support of branding position and market strength.
- Selects, trains, develops, and manages department staff responsible for web development and design.
- Works with internal customers units, Sales and subsidiaries on web strategies and execution.
- Identifies and manages strategic relationships with content and technological partners on web-related issues.
- Monitors web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve issues Maintains appropriate security and troubleshoots any issues.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by supervisor and WoodmenLife policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in web architecture and development
- 5+ years experience with information architecture and content management.
- 5+ years managing multiple web site(s) in an interactive project management role
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of relational databases and database-to-Web integration using MS SQL, MySQL and other ODBC connections.
- Knowledge of Java, XML, XSLT,CGIand ASP programming languages.
- Excellent working knowledge of all digital media including but not limited to Web, email, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong team and collaboration skills required
- Experience in setting up governance around content management
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with and counsel associates at all levels, from non-exempts to WoodmenLife’sexecutives.<span “=”” black”=””> The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- E<span “=”” black”=””>ngages well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Insurance/financial services industry experience a plus.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.