OBI Creative is looking to add a full-time web developer to our digital team in the Des Moines area. This position plays an important role in creating, migrating and managing new and existing websites and web-based application projects for customers and internal use. The web developer will be responsible for working closely with team leads, creative directors, strategists and UX/UI designers to develop programming code based on creative and marketing strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree or work experience.
Minimum three years of experience. Background in agency environment or managing multiple websites is preferred.
- Experience working with open-source content management systems (including Drupal and WordPress).
- Knowledge of web development standard practices, cross-browser compatibility, responsive programming, SEO best practices and site performance optimization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Experience configuring server services a plus.
- Translate provided designs and wireframes to working web sites/applications using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Work within existing CMS frameworks as well as custom development.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Regularly update active websites maintained by the agency to ensure sites stay functional as technology changes.
- Conduct testing and bug tracking across multiple platforms/browsers.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to projects.
Director of Digital
Salaried, full-time permanent
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Kristin Olson, HR Manager