Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
As variable data specialist, you’ll be responsible for programming direct mail jobs and setting up marketing communications pieces using variable data and data processing tools and software. You’ll also analyze client data requirements for direct mail jobs, including selecting, sorting, formatting and manipulating data to meet client mail instructions and U.S. postal requirements for mail certification. Programming will require letter setup, laying out variable fields with static text and graphics and merging the setup with data for laser printing/inkjet printing. You’ll generate printer output to cut sheet and inkjet printers, perform quality checks and control, code reviews and standard data validation practices prior to production release. Oh, and troubleshoot complex application issues and improve performance as needed. Whew. Is that enough for you?
- Postal regulations and DMM knowledge.
- Direct mail programming experience.
- Knowledge of postal qualifications, including CASS, NCOA and presort.
- Experience in Access, Excel, Word, Acrobat Suite.
- The ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Commitment to meet production deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with account representatives to ensure accuracy for each project.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple job assignments.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- 401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard and a pool table. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won’t be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.