The senior art director is responsible for crafting the conceptual and strategic creative vision for integrated campaigns, brands and individual projects alongside the creative director and an interdisciplinary team of copywriters, designers, account service and connection strategists. Talented as a visual thinker and knowledgeable of the elements of good design across traditional and digital media, the art director uses his or her talents to bring fresh and timely creative ideas to life that lead to real business results for our clients.
- Develop integrated original strategies and designs for all forms of media, including print, digital, broadcast, video, social media and more
- In conjunction with a copywriter partner, develop fresh concepts that answer the challenge established by the creative brief
- Work together with designers to create and execute a variety of visual solutions
- Present work to the creative director, the account service team and our clients
- Supervise photo shoots, video production, post production, etc.
- Provide a “second eye” to other art directors’ work
- Help mentor junior art directors and designers
- Research new and upcoming art direction, design and advertising trends, including new and cutting-edge technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Regional to national integrated brand experience
- Minimum five years of art direction experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Online portfolio showcasing integrated strategic and conceptual thinking
- Ability to help lead creative meetings and presentations
- Ability to articulate the creative vision to the internal team and external audiences
- Expert understanding of Photoshop, inDesign and Illustrator
- At least a basic understanding of UI and UX design and the principles of online advertising
- Proficiency in Sketch, After Effects, Premiere and/or Animate is a plus
We maintain a high-energy environment for people who are very passionate about what they do. We provide plenty of challenge and hard work, but in a casual and fun workplace that cares about work/life balance and giving back to make a difference in our world. We want people to have positive attitudes about their work and participate in something where their input is respected and appreciated. If this sounds like the position for you, email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to Janice Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief message about yourself, your experience, your career objectives and what you hope to get out of a career with Bozell.