Looking for your chance to make a real impact?
Firespring, one of the largest marketing communications firms in the Midwest, is looking for our next amazing human to join our tribe. We’re known for providing marketing, printing, websites and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. Our clients and partners count on us as a force in our areas of expertise to help them do more good.
See if this position sounds like your dream job. We can’t wait to find out if it could be you.
Software Engineer—pretty straightforward, don’t you think?
Not exactly. Firespring looks for something different in the engineers we hire. In addition to producing some stellar code, our engineers work in a highly proactive environment. Our average day is spent coding, problem solving, strategically thinking, and exceeding the expectations of our clients. In our opinion, that’s the perfect workplace.
If you agree, read on.
- Do you take the initiative to work independently yet work well with a team? Let’s talk.
- We value innovative web programming and interactive development. If you have the skills, be ready to prove it.
- Do you enjoy programming in PHP? Familiarity with version control systems like Git will also help you fit in.
- Do you have experience with relational databases such as MySQL?
- Is your thinking driven by patterns similar to MVC and Three Tiered Architecture?
- Object orientation and object inheritance models are like second nature to you.
- Knowledge of coding frameworks such as Laravel and Symfony is a plus.
- You’re not a fool. You know constant learning is the key to staying on top, and you’re not afraid to learn a few new things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- Vacation—Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to time off in order to live their best and healthiest lives.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it. That’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room and a group of people dedicated to creating activities and fun inside and outside the office. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun—and it reflects in our work too.
- Giving back—When your employer makes it possible for you to give back to your community on the clock? Win for everyone. Every Firespring team member gets one paid day off each month to give back to the community in any way they’d like.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soft drinks, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won’t be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.