OBI Creative is looking to add a full-time senior copywriter to our creative team in the Des Moines area. Obviously, we expect an advertising copywriter to demonstrate a command of language and deliver highly creative concepts, but the ideal candidate will be able to think about the marketing challenge as whole – well beyond the killer headline. We want your ideas, not just your words. If you are looking for a position where you can become the voice of a brand, contact us to get started.
P.S. Be ready to share your best samples.
Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, journalism, business communications or related discipline.
Minimum 5-7 years experience. Background in agency environment or working with multiple accounts preferred.
- Experience with a wide variety of media formats & tone – you should be as comfortable writing a messaging map as this job description
- Knowledge of copywriting best practices for both online and offline tactics, including direct mail, TV & radio, outdoor, search engine optimization (SEO), blogging, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills (we are in the communication business, after all)
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook, and willingness to learn and love a client’s brand standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus (blogging platforms and social media apps a big plus)
- Thick skin (hey, edits happen) and a positive attitude
- Researching, attending meetings, conducting interviews and brainstorming as needed to write copy for a variety of projects based on a creative brief and client input
- Working closely with team leads, creative directors, strategists and designers to develop a unified, effective concept
- Turning sometimes complex ideas into easy to understand, engaging copy
- Maintaining consistent voice of a brand for everything from postcards, newsletters, radio spots, etc. to more intensive, long-term efforts such as tagline development, messaging maps, content strategy plans and editorial calendars
- Building relationships with clients and participating in concept presentations
- Helping brands succeed with creative problem-solving and big-picture thinking
- Managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Asking questions, challenging traditions & being nice while doing it
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Salaried, full-time permanent
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Kristin Olson, HR Manager