JOB TITLE: Sr. Account Executive DATE: 7/31/18
DEPARTMENT: Account Service INCUMBENT: N/A
SUPERVISOR: Director of Account Service
GENERAL PURPOSE: What, Why, How
This position works directly with clients to help them create and deploy marketing solutions that generate maximum results. This individual works to understand client needs then manages their assigned marketing budget, proactively building strategy and tactics that incorporate appropriate traditional and digital media channels. This professional will manage these integrated campaigns to prioritize and set expectations on deliverables, build trusted client relationships, ensure smooth project execution, manage account profitability and deliver great value to the client.
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and propose marketing solutions to help them realize business goals.
- Build advertising plans that appropriately incorporate digital and traditional media solutions in a cost-effective manner.
- Regularly and routinely give clients and vendor partners reasons to like and trust us.
- Become fluent in clients’ businesses so as to better anticipate their needs, ask better questions and help Redstone prepare better recommendations and be a more valuable resource.
- Develop creative and media briefs to empower members of those teams to deliver appropriate materials and strategies to help your clients reach their goals.
- Champion your clients’ projects through internal processes to help ensure timeliness, accuracy and adherence to brand, strategy and budget.
- Actively pursue opportunities to grow your clients’ success and expand the extent and profitability of the services the agency provides.
- Assist with new business outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly client service and production meetings.
- Other office support and special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in account management in an advertising agency or related field
- Proven knowledge of developing and managing integrated marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to grow agency accounts and increase profitability
- Proven experience building trusted client partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects on time and on budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn new things
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously and support your team in doing the same
- Ability and willingness to recognize and clarify ambiguous requests to ensure you are working to solve the right problem vs. just taking an order
- Ability and willingness to adapt to dynamic client needs
- Ability to navigate fast turnarounds
- Ability to use diplomacy to balance shifting priorities
FORMAL TRAINING & EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree preferred.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED: PC, basic office machines, automobile (must have a valid driver’s license).
CONTACTS: Clients, Redstone team, Community leaders
WORKING CONDITIONS: Multiple projects to be handled at one time, some requiring rapid turnaround.
JOB KNOWLEDGE NEEDED – PROCEDURES & PRACTICES
Software: MS Office, Webvantage
Human relations skills
Familiarity with advertising, media and/or related industries
RESPONSIBILITY & JUDGMENT – DECISIONS MADE, MOST DIFFICULT TASK
Decisions made – Prioritize work in progress, Deploying client budgets for maximum impact
Most difficult task – Balancing multiple projects and priorities
The position of Sr. Account Executive will report to the Director of Account Service. You will meet regularly with your supervisor to collaborate and provide progress updates and will then work both independently and collaboratively as needed.