Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
As the production manager you will be Omaha’s production team leader, accountable for meeting production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in helping the company reach overall profitability and customer satisfaction goals.
We’re looking for an individual that can do details, but never loses sight of the big picture. You’ve got experience leading a production team and you know printing like the back of your hand. Revising standard operational and working practices to ensure efficiency is a no brainer. Although you will be the leader of your team, when the bat signal is shown and help is needed on the floor you aren’t afraid to step in and get things done.
Sounds like you? Read on.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicating effectively with the leadership, sales and production teams, to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
- Coordinate and schedule employees in the production operation on a daily basis with the highest quality and best time efficiency as possible, revising priorities based on meeting our customer needs.
- Ensuring all work entered into production follows order entry standards.
- Assisting with estimating and communication with vendors.
- Organizing workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
- Coordinating and scheduling for prepress/digital training relating to the digital standards and procedures.
- Ensuring inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
- Scheduling, delegating, and ensuring performance of all equipment maintenance following maintenance procedures.
- Experience in print, mail, bindery, or fulfillment operations of various equipment.
- Knowledge of managerial and training roles for employees within the same industry.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- 401(k)—Your dad preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard and a pool table. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won’t be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We’ll be in touch.