Looking for your chance to make a real impact?
Firespring, one of the largest marketing communications firms in the Midwest, is looking for our next amazing human to join our tribe. We’re known for providing marketing, printing, websites and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. Our clients and partners count on us as a force in our areas of expertise to help them do more good.
See if this position sounds like your dream job. We can’t wait to find out if it could be you.
Our Lincoln production team is looking for an individual that thrives in a task-driven position. Your natural talent lies in the fact that you can concentrate on repetitive tasks that require focus and attention to specifics. Your attention to detail rivals Sherlock.
For you, deadlines are a must. It helps you prioritize your day, build in structure, and stick to the tasks at hand. People would describe you as punctual, conscientious, patient with an eye for quality.
- Quality is job one, and two, and three.
- Late for you is five minutes early.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work 40 hours per week with some flexibility in your schedule to allow for fast turn-around projects. Occasional weekends and evenings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review job tickets and adhere to job specifications to ensure the accuracy of the printed project in a timely manner.
- Work with Production Manager daily to establish the most efficient print schedule.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members in a positive manner.
- Oversee and assist all make-ready functions, including installing printing plates, loading paper and ink required for the project.
- Set color and registration on projects.
- Continually monitor the press and make necessary adjustments to manage ink distribution, speed, and register to achieve the highest quality.
- Assist with wash up /clean up of the press and maintain an orderly work environment.
- Enter all print data and paper usage into the MIS system for tracking purposes.
- Preform paper and supply inventory on items associated with your press
- Complete preventative maintenance and minor repairs to the press as needed.
Want to hear more about life with your possible future employer?
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit about each other, our clients and the community.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, we’ve got a reputation for great work and unmatched service.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation® in Nebraska, joining 3,200+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2019, Firespring team members reach 50,000 volunteer hours after four years. A whopping 270 local organizations were served, equaling $2.7 million contributed to our community.
- Firespring was honored in 2020 by being selected as one of the Top 100 Impact Companies by Real Leaders magazine.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive pay.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it. That’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room and a group of people dedicated to creating activities and fun inside and outside the office. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun—and it reflects in our work too.
- Giving back—When your employer makes it possible for you to give back to your community on the clock? Win for everyone. Every Firespring team member gets one paid day off each month to give back to the community in any way they’d like.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soft drinks, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.