Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- We bask in the Silicon Prairie, with offices in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska, and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- With clients in all 50 states and on 5 continents, you could say we get around.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
No Limits is Nebraska’s first youth-led, adult-guided movement dedicated to reducing the influence of the tobacco industry on Nebraska’s youth. The group’s goals are educating, motivating, and empowering teens to take action against Big Tobacco. To mobilize youth to prevent tobacco use, the No Limits infrastructure is built on training, support, and youth-led decision making. Wait, I thought I was reading a job description for a Firespring position? Yes, trust me, you are. No Limits is not only a client of Firespring, but also an entity of Firespring itself. Housed in our very own walls, you could say we here at Firespring have a knack for nonprofits. Onward.
Being the No Limits Assistant means you would be working directly with the rockstar herself, Molly Kincaid, and will not only be tasked with providing project and event coordination, but also administrative duties to support this movement. We want someone ready to jump in and lend a helping hand. We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive go-getter. Independently working on projects and research doesn’t scare you. Having authentic knowledge of youth trends and culture is the cherry on top of a great application.
Still interested? Read on.
- Organizer extraordinaire—in fact, it slightly bothers you that this list of bullet points isn’t in alphabetical order.
- You must be familiar (bonus points if you call yourself a guru) with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Experience with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop and WordPress is also beneficial.
- Smile—you’ll be interacting with middle school and high school students from across the state. Think of all the minds you’ll help mold.
- Meeting the mandatory requirements of a rental car driver (at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record) is preferred.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate projects and events and provide administrative and office support for the No Limits youth tobacco prevention movement.
- You will assist with event planning, program leadership, project management and the facilitation of a community grant program.
- Of course, there are the occasional clerical tasks including word processing, data entry and database management, mailings and mail merges, social media maintenance and conference calls.
- Energetic attitude and strong communication skills are required. You know the balance between being social and professional.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as some in-state travel, are required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hours—Minimum of 25 hours per week. Occasional higher weeks during busy times surrounding events. The majority of hours should be worked between 8 and 5 but there is some flexibility.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer (of course only if of age). And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won’t be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.