Position Title: Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Vice President – Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and/or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategy, advertising and promotional plans for the OPA season and performances while ensuring activities are completed on time and within budget; including the placement of advertising, and the collecting and reconciliation of expenses, while using data-driven insights and measuring impact of efforts. In addition, the Marketing Manager is the point person for Broadway show marketing, interacting with OPA’s partner, Broadway Across America and executing the final advertising and promotion plans for each production during the season. This position plays a key role as liaison with both internal departments and external providers; such as partnership agreements, advertisers, media and vendors.
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Develops, implements, and executes strategic marketing plans for performances and the organization.
- Supports the Vice President of Marketing and Communications in the development of the season marketing plan; including the execution of the season mail plan, coordination of advertising, and management of patron data.
- Oversees the on-going direct response campaign for the season; including subscription mail and email campaign and performance (single-event) mail and email campaign, and the administration and management of databases.
- Acts as project reviewer prior to any job added to the production schedule to ensure the project goals, objectives and details are included in the request.
- Completes sales tracking and reporting specific to revenue, cost of sale, subscription and single ticket sales objectives, and uses Tessitura and supporting web-based software to review and report progress, assess effectiveness of campaigns, and provide feedback specific to marketing and pricing.
- Acts as Tessitura super user for Marketing and Communications, including learning and keeping current with the enterprise system, and using the marketing functions within the system to track and report advertising and promotional initiatives.
- Coordinatesweekly meetings, including scheduling standing inter- and intra-departmental meetings, external meetings with media partners, account representation, etc.
- Oversees show settlements for OPA Presents, 1200 Club, Broadway and Special events.
- Maximum of 5% travel annually.
- Uses the third-party email/contact system to distribute email marketing messages.
- Acts as backup when primary personnel are unavailable for the content management system of the OPA website(s) and digital signage to ensure content is current.
- Provides support at performances and scheduled events as needed.
- Attends all meetings as required.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a marketing/advertising/public relations position required; five (5) years preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience leading and coaching direct reports preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the performing arts/not-for-profit preferred.
- Proficient in marketing disciplines such as the implementation and execution of marketing plans; including media buying and placement in various media.
- Skilled in the production of advertising, promotional and collateral materials.
- Proficient in contract negotiations specific to the advertising and printing industry.
- Skilled in oral communication; able to facilitate positive working relationships under pressure, manage conflict effectively and build consensus.
- Proficient in written communication; including business communication, advertising copy, email protocol, etc.
- Experienced in print, broadcast, ecommerce, and digital marketing.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to manage project schedules on time and within budget.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with colleagues.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications; including Office Suites 2003 or higher, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in marketing, advertising, journalism, arts administration, and/or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Supervises Marketing Assistant
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Degree of contact with others:
- Significant contact with all levels of the organization while planning and implementing plans and programs and while obtaining feedback on effectiveness.
- Degree of independent judgment:
- Moderately high level of independent judgment and discretion is required.Â Regularly interfaces with outside resources; such as vendors, ad and account reps and artist management; facilitates the implementation of ad plans, adjusts plans to ensure timely execution, and makes decisions with financial impact.
- General office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier and printer).
- Evening and weekend hours for performance duty are required.