The Kroc Center is an ENERGIZING, FUN, FAST-PACED recreation and education center providing opportunities for people to connect, experience personal growth, and develop relationships. The Kroc is a world-class facility and a Nebraska treasure supporting the community and its members with fulfilling and family friendly programs and activities.
Our team members thrive on serving others and making a difference in our community. A positive attitude, fun-loving spirit and a desire to be part of something bigger is a must. If you have a servant’s heart and a drive for excellence to help us achieve our mission, then we want you to be part of our team!
The Kroc Center is looking for a strong lead in our creative department.
You are by nature, a do-er. You enjoy learning and working in a multi-disciplinary team. You are great at organizing your time, and balancing various projects and deadlines. You are both a strategist and also a creative. Avoiding an “island” mentality, you thoughtfully consider how all parts of the organization work together to achieve success. Experimentation for you is great, as long as the purpose was achieved. A reliable co-worker, you are able to translate instruction into quality work, work as a team mate, and also keep yourself on task when working solely. You have a passion for great storytelling and have a good understanding of target market models and how to reach them effectively.
If this sounds like you and you are eager to be a part of the Kroc’s culture, we’d love to hear from you! (A cover letter and link to your portfolio will be required with your online application.)
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Purpose Statement
Inspire people to discover their God given talents and develop their potential through artistic, educational, physical, and spiritual experiences in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Job Summary/Primary Purpose
The Lead Graphic & Marketing Designer will act as the lead graphic designer for the creative team and implement graphic projects that reflect the vision created by the Strategic Communications Manager and Kroc Leadership. The position will work in both the traditional print and digital realms and strengthen output with excellent design work, attentiveness to process improvement, and ability to move a project from idea to success.
Work Schedule (Fulltime/Exempt): Generally works weekdays; however, some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Act as project manager on creative projects, assuring teammates and contracted marketing and design specialists are coordinating and on-point with meeting established deadlines, producing quality work, and that all are adhering to the Kroc’s brand standards and strategic goals.
- Responsible for the design, layout, proofing, editing and production of marketing materials for print and digital campaigns as assigned by the Strategic Communications Manager; to include but not limited to; flyers, magazines, social media ads, internal signage, digital monitors, website updates & graphics, e-blasts, digital and print ads, external banners, billboards, bus wraps, press release articles & environmental branding.
- Responsible for website maintenance including but not limited to: updating information timely, coordinating events and information with graphics and banners, routinely performing checks of assets and links, updating pdfs and adding/editing content from a CMS back-end.
- This position will assume the duties and decision making role for the marketing department in the absence of the Strategic Communications Manager.
- Ability to take briefs / verbal direction and align design that supports strategic objectives while also providing productive input and feedback that supplements the strategic goals of the projects.
- Effectively utilize the established marketing master calendar/schedule to assure projects progress as needed and provide updates to Strategic Communications Manager & leadership as appropriate.
- Champion and defend The Salvation Army and Kroc Center brand standards, assist in making recommendations to improve Kroc Center brand standards.
- Collaborate with creative team, maintain social media presence and be a key contributor in the ongoing development of the social media editorial calendar.
- Attend Kroc Live and other TSA events as assigned to collect photos, videos, testimonials, & conduct interviews for Kroc marketing purposes.
- Coordinates efforts for photography / videography and assists in hiring of professional photographers / videographers and other contractual workers on an as needed basis.
- Assist with development of video and animations.
- Participate in marketing presentations, be tasked with researching new products and advertising models, and learning new skills that complement the Kroc Center’s forward motion.
- Attend all required department and facility meetings and training as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position directs the efforts of other creative staff, volunteers, and vendors.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree with a relevant concentration (i.e. Graphic Arts, Marketing design, etc.), required.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in development of creative materials.
- Prefer experience working with CMS frameworks: Muse, Word Press, and Symfony.
- Photography experience is a plus.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premier.
- High attention to detail, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Good communication skills including interpersonal skills.
- English proficiency required; Spanish language skills helpful.
- Exceptional flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong independent judgement.
- General computer knowledge is required to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training as established by The Salvation Army.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include good speaking, hearing and vision. Excellent manual dexterity. Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment. This position will required the ability to lift and/or move more than 25 pounds occasionally
Working Conditions: The majority of the work day will be in an office-type environment, however, portions of the primary work facility in which this position may be asked to operate may be considered humid (natatorium) while other locations (gymnasium) may be considered moderately loud in nature.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.