Job Number: 1817149
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.cox.com/job/omaha/graphic-designer-digital-producer-cox-media-inc/1623/9860165
The Graphic Designer / Digital Producer is responsible for creating online advertising solutions for Cox Media clients. Primary functions include layout and design, with time spent concepting/brainstorming with the Creative Team. This position will report to the Creative Services Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Designing and layout of online advertising including static ad creation, in-banner video, interactive campaigns, pre-roll video and mobile platforms with final delivery to multiple screens.
- Work in cooperation with creative team from preproduction to final execution.
- Accurately and timely tracks all hours spent on projects for invoicing.
- Supports production needs of Cox Communications Marketing, Community Affairs and Leadership on an as-needed basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; technical certification or Associates degree may be preferred and/or required in some areas
- 3-5 years’ experience in related areas
- Understanding and prior application of Adobe creative suite
- Experience in developing creative concepts using graphic design practices and principals
- Highly experienced in area of responsibility. Must perform all of the standardized and some specialized complex aspects of the function.
- Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems independently; May modify processes to resolve situation.
- Thorough knowledge of tasks and responsibilities. Effectively applies skills to accomplish tasks.
- Sought out/and or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training and technical assistance to junior level support personnel contributes to employees professional development, but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- BS/BA degree in graphic design with an emphasis in online space.
- Creative track record of graphic design and/or advertising demonstrated through portfolio of work
- 2+ years with graphic design experience in online or similar environments
- Experience in non-linear editing and working with various digital formats to support instruction and guidance of the editing of productions.
- Some experience with HTML5 and/or CSS (not required)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for it’s pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiaryof Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NE-Omaha-401 N 117th St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job