The Graphic Designer will be accountable for producing all the print and electronic collateral requests for the Marketing department. This will include creating and updating the following: product literature and art, email newsletters, digital and print advertisements, tradeshow collateral, PowerPoint presentations, web content and graphics, images, infographics, vector illustrations and icons etc., following our brand standards. The candidate should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into graphics, layouts and other designs. A successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of business-to-business marketing campaigns. The candidate will have the opportunity to work both individually and with teams. An average work week will vary between 10 – 29 hours in the DMSi office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design creative and inspiring print and digital marketing materials and collateral following brand standards.
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and approvals simultaneously.
- Organize disparate written and graphical elements into a cohesive design, layout and story using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Build professional PowerPoint presentations to illustrate business concepts by breaking down complex processes into individual, consumable ideas.
- Work directly with other members of the marketing team to develop a comprehensive plan to execute a project.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers and colleagues as necessary.
- Maintain our WordPress website by rotating and updating content, images and graphics, as necessary.
- Supports corporate mission, strategy, values and brand message in all areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Extensive experience developing professional PowerPoint presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing, Journalism or related discipline
- Experience working with WordPress templates, pages, and admin portal.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, marketing automation software, and Google Products.
- 3+ years in professional design, preferably with a business-to-business marketing department.
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
- Ability to complete complex, multi-step projects with self-direction and initiative
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and quality in work products
- Excellent communication skills
- Adherence to DMSi policies and procedures
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced WordPress development skills
- Video editing
- Animation creation
- Project management/process improvement
- Social Media
If you have interest in this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Manager