Buena Vista University has an opening for a Director of Marketing in Storm Lake, Iowa. The position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work collaboratively across campus with Admissions, IT and University Research to deliver responsive and measurable marketing strategies and manage the marketing team.
The position is the digital marketing leader for the university who will use data and analytics to drive marketing decisions. The position will develop and manage the annual marketing strategy for admissions, including overall student experience for Storm Lake and OSG Admissions. In addition, manage the collection of marketing data, develop and manage effective BVU advertising strategies, and identify opportunities to create video content. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
- Develop and manage the BVU digital marketing strategy, with a focus on responsive digital marketing strategies that drive ROI and support university goals. This will be a section in the BVU Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing strategy for admissions, including overall student experience and comm flow strategy for SL and OSG Admissions, which supports university goals. This will also be a section in the BVU Strategic Marketing and Communications Plan.
- Manage the collection of marketing data, and regularly report findings many different stakeholders so this information can be used for decision making.
- Strategic management of all digital platforms – website, social media, email platforms, digital signage, apps, forms vendor, etc. – with technical support from IT to ensure that a best-practice digital experience for all stakeholder groups.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to maximize their technology platforms as needed for marketing and communications – UDAE (Razor’s Edge), JRM (Admissions), etc.
- Develop and manage responsive and effective BVU advertising strategies, and monitor response and ROI regularly, using data to make necessary adjustments, in order to meet goals in areas such as enrollment, alumni engagement, fundraising, branding, and reputation management.
- Identify opportunities to create video content, and produce videos where applicable, so that they integrate into existing marketing and communications programs.
- Lead marketing team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Eight to ten years of marketing and/or communications experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with digital marketing, marketing data and analytics, advertising (digital and traditional), video production, direct marketing
- Understanding and experience with PC based products essential.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities required