Position Title: Digital Strategist
Date Revised: May 14, 2018
Reports To (Title): Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Synopsis of Role
The marketing department at Baxter Auto is growing and we are looking for a dynamic digital marketing professional to lead digital strategy on behalf of our 20+ stores and the group.
The person we are looking for is passionate about analyzing data and delivering leading-edge, consumer-centric marketing solutions. This person can generate strategies that grow market share and brand reputation, improve customer experience, and drive overall growth. If you thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and think you have what it takes to help us forge new ground in the automotive industry, we’d love to talk with you.
About the Digital Strategist Role
We are looking for an experienced digital strategist to join our team. You will help us use leading approaches and technologies to help our team pursue aggressive business growth goals.
You will identify needs and new opportunities and aspire to increase brand interest & consideration, online shopping behaviors, lead generation, goal conversion activities and online guest advocacy.
If you’re a tech-savvy trendsetter who has fresh ideas to improve the online experience on behalf of the world-class portfolio of brands we represent, we would like to meet you. For this position, you should be creative, collaborative and comfortable working as an integral part of a highly-connected team that works hard and plays hard.
Ultimately, you should be able to help the company effectively connect our brands with our online customers.
- Work collaboratively with CMO to set industry-leading digital marketing strategies using all tools at the company’s disposal; determine appropriate areas of investment and new initiatives worth pursuing, along with a corresponding business case
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing and sales performance metrics to forecast trends, working in collaboration with outside partners & assigned brand managers
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid media in accordance with company directives
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost online shopping behaviors, effectiveness & goal conversions
- Oversee social channel strategy and ensure it aligns with the overall organizational goals; monitor performance and seek to enhance key growth & engagement metrics associated with each channel
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities for each individual brand on our roster, as well as the larger Baxter Auto Group brand
- Keep up-to-date with our primary audiences’ preferences and proactively suggest new approaches
- Develop results-oriented relationships with each general manager, in partnership with the assigned brand manager
- Provide senior leadership by leading the development of strategic recommendations to help grow each GMs business
- Assist team in continued growth of our marketing operations—inclusive of both internal and external resources
- Provide clarity of direction while being willing and able to “roll up sleeves” to help execute and support team efforts
- Liaise with entire Marketing, Sales, Design and Content teams (including all relevant internal/external partners) to optimize customer experience and ensure brand consistency
BUDGET PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
- Provide a monthly and annual recap of digital spending and investments, and as well a an ROI analysis by store and on behalf of the group
- Maximize our return on investment by leveraging available co-op funding to complement the overall incremental marketing investment made on behalf of the company
- Constantly evaluate effectiveness and new opportunities to drive interest, capture and convert leads and ultimately, drive YOY growth across our dealerships
- Lead the charge on bridging the analysis gap between digital marketing performance and business performance
- Monitor and evaluate available digital data sources to determine adjustments that should be made to the overall strategy
- Work cross-functionally to guide marketing efforts, creative and messaging to align with promotions, incentives, events and brand identity
- Establish and maintain direct, collaborative relationships with outside partners and media companies (as needed)
- Other duties as required or assigned
Core Characteristics & Competencies
Initiative: Our ideal candidate needs to be driven by continual progress and improvement, and comfortable taking initiative to collaborate with cross-functional teams, other departments and all of the brands on our roster.
Teamwork and Diversity: Able to work across a variety of brands, with the ability to determine the differences, nuance and requirements of each brand. Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with Marketing Peers and Senior Management.
Problem Solving: Be able to operate under pressure and solve problems at a variety of levels. Able to maintain a high-quality output under competing demands in terms of time, priority and importance.
Analytical: Able to direct analysis conceptual frame problems and structure research and analytics to understand and generate business implications. Customer-centric focus required.
Communication: Both written and oral communication is imperative as most the position requires written analysis and discussions of findings in a clear and concise manner as well as being able to position findings in a simple way that still provides insight to the various internal clients. Additionally, must be able to give presentations and speak comfortably and confidently with senior management and present to large groups (30+ attendees).
Preferred Experience and Education
- Strong digital strategy experience and proven effectiveness in the design and implementation of online shopping/e-commerce initiatives
- Experience in retail-focused Search Engine Marketing (SEM and Paid Search (PPC) required
- Experience in display, programmatic, social & email marketing preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and World
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics required
- Experience working with PPC ad platforms (AdWords, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook) AdWords / Bing certification a plus
- Working knowledge of industry (digital and automotive) technology and trends (prior automotive experience not required)
- Strong understanding of response-driven campaign development
- Excellent business acumen and budget management experience
- Solid understanding of ROI analysis, metrics and program/budget forecasting
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to think creatively to identify and solve business problems
- Strong attention to detail, self-directed and the capacity to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Thrives within a collaborative, team-oriented setting
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Normal office experience; no unusual physical demands. Must be able to sit for a long period of time. Working extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve goals may be required on occasion.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel.