|JOB SUMMARYThe Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for leading the digital efforts for the agency marketing campaigns. This position will creatively handle various online marketing tools, like social media, email campaigns, websites, and blogs to coordinate marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Build, execute and manage social media strategy and digital marketing campaigns through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, and messaging and audience identification.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions for digital marketing efforts.
- Manage all e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Manage communications calendar and ongoing community outreach and media efforts.
- Write captivating content for the agency to include external and internal blog postings, employee highlights and participant stories for use in multiple marketing efforts.
- Monitor and maintain the Constant Contact lists for the agency’s electronic communications.
- Monitor and prepare monthly progress reports, including social media and website analytics, as well as communications results.
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing department.
- Meet or exceed the attendance expectations for this position
- Actively maintain a safe, healthy, and positive environment that promotes the physical and emotional well-being of employees, customers, and participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Personally participate in ongoing professional growth, education and development as well as supporting others in their efforts to develop.
- Working relationship with supervisor, co-workers, and interdepartmentally.
- Must be a self-starter, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative.
- Must provide excellent customer service to both internal/external customers.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Educate customers and the community about the mission and vision of the organization.
- Demonstrate the Goodwill core values through actions and words.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business Administration or related field preferred
- One to three (1-3) years marketing or communications experience is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of word processing and database programs
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of website management tools a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of social media management tools a plus, but not required
Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)