Creative – Omaha, Nebraska
WRITER – CREATIVE
Bailey Lauerman is a privately held marketing agency, founded in 1970 and headquartered in Omaha with an office in LA. While in industry terms we’re a “small” agency, we believe that’s a term relative only to our size, not to our thinking.
We’ve created client partnerships that lead to nationally-recognized work on brands like Cuties, Panda Express, Phillips 66, The Smithsonian, UnitedHealthcare, Nebraska Tourism and Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium. We’ve been recognized as Advertising Age’s National Small Agency of the Year and as the No. 4 Most Effective Independent Agency in North America by the Effie Effectiveness Index.
For far too long, the 92% of America that lives outside of its 10 largest cities have been over-generalized, de-prioritized and misunderstood by agencies and marketers who assume we’re all the same, or we all want to be like “them”. As a 47-year old creative company rooted in Omaha, Nebraska we have developed an authentic understanding of a complex, diverse set of segments centrally important to scaling brands and businesses. You’ll find our approach refreshingly simple. We develop work that is smart, respectful and clever.
Our Creative department is growing, and we’re looking for a writer to create ideas and messaging that cuts through the clutter and tells stories that connect with the right people, at the right time and on the right channel. The writer works with art directors, designers, account planners and PR professionals concept, craft and produce memorable and effective campaigns for our clients.
- Candidates will have a portfolio of work that shows a wide range of ideas and executions across a variety of clients and industries. Please include a link or file with your application.
- This person should be adept at creating the big idea from strategic insights. Our goal is to create world-class creative that also solves our clients’ challenges and connects with their audience.
- You also have a passion for storytelling. Great brands are built through novelty and relevance, and good writers create both through dynamic narratives woven throughout campaigns.
- You know how to see good work through the entire process. Big ideas are nothing without precise execution. You can turn that concept into a headline, a social post, a long-form video, a radio spot and any number of potential channel-specific expressions.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years experience creating break-through campaigns in advertising, communications, and social media.
- Agency experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or New Media.
BAILEY LAUERMAN CORE TENETS
Respect Your Craft
- You understand creativity is an iterative process. The first idea isn’t necessarily the best, and uncovering every creative nook and cranny is part of the fun. You revel in finding just how many ways we can solve a problem, and know that there’s no such thing as too many good ideas.
- The Big Idea is just the start. An idea is only as good as the execution. You take pains to write stunning scripts, perfect posts, and impactful headlines. You’re comfortable in all media, embracing the differences and challenges of each potential platform.
- You’re a media-first thinker. When you’re in a brainstorm, you start thinking about where a campaign could live – Is it digital? Social? Is there an outlet/blog/website that would be perfect for this content?
- You’re a strategic storyteller. You like to tell interesting stories that help the audience better understand the client’s business, people and why it matters to them.
Act Like A Pro
- You’re proficient in AP style and know the basic rules of writing (so you can break them effectively, when necessary.)
- You understand that our work is an extension of our client’s work. We’re here to help them meet their goals. If an idea doesn’t satisfy their needs, then we come up with one that does.
- Work well with other members of your creative and account teams to ensure deadlines are met, work is world-class and the process is efficient and enjoyable.
Try New Things
- You like research and aren’t afraid of what you don’t know. In fact, you have a knack for throwing yourself into your client’s business and industry. You don’t have to know everything, but you really want to.
- You’re flexible and adaptable; you like working on lots of different projects.
- You’re a media junkie; from blogs to news to trends, you keep up-to-date on pop culture and national/world affairs
Some Cool Perks To Enjoy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible schedules
- Paid maternity leave
- Company-provided laptop
- Friday breakfast club
- Cell phone stipend
- Affordable healthcare
- La Croix, Starbucks and plenty of candy
A majority of our stock is owned by our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership has, and continues to be, a driving force in our culture, as each employee as an owner, has a vested interest and role in our collective success.