Great Culture, Great People, Great Company
If you’re looking for a company that’s big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet small enough to make a personal impact – WoodmenLife may be the place for you.
We’ve been a fixture in downtown Omaha for 125 years, and we promote a family-first environment with flexible work schedules, a team-oriented atmosphere, and a culture that encourages personal and professional growth, knowledge and community involvement.
As a not-for-profit, WoodmenLife is a different kind of insurance company. We give back revenues to our members, not investors. We’ve been around for more than a century because we’ve always kept our promises. Through recessions and wars, we’ve remained stable and reliable.
If you want to be part of an organization where you’re not just an employee – you’re a valued member of the family – WoodmenLife is the place for you!
As a part of the communications team and under the direction and supervision of the Manager, Communications & Web Services, the Content Strategist works closely with other team members to achieve organizational goals by maximizing the impact of content through development and strategic deployment to the company’s internal and external communication channels including the organization’s blog, web sites, social media and print publications, while assuring accuracy and consistency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees content requirements of company communications channels (print and online)and the development of content deliverables with help of writing/ editing staff.
- Serves as editor for company publications including creating and maintaining editorial calendars and production timelines, editing and proofreading copy (grammar, punctuation, WoodmenLife brand standards, audience-specific, continuity/consistency, fact-checking, etc.)
- Develops and vets publication story ideas with relevant stakeholders in timely manner for three publications.
- Manages the daily publishing of online company newsletter (1700).
- Creates and maintains annual multi-channel content calendar.
- Conducts periodic channel content audits and gap analyses.
- Works with other Communications team members to develop direction of content marketing strategy.
- Content development as needed for internal and external communications strategiesÂ including email, social media posts and media releases and alerts.
- Coordinates with internal departments to ensure content accuracy and compliance with industry regulations.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality in accordance with the expectations established by your supervisor and WoodmenLife policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelorâs Degree in Marketing, Journalism or Public Relations or commensurate experience.
- 1-3 years writing or editing experience.
- Business-writing experience (will be asked to provide samples).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Excellent communications (writing and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Has attention to detail.
- Engages well with others and is passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- Experience with print and digital publications, including content development, layout, production, design and printing.
- A firm understanding of user experience and SEO/SEM.
- Knowledge of insurance and financial services industry.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
Woodmen of the World Life Insurance Society (WoodmenLife) is an equal opportunity employer.