The Community Development Specialist is responsible for providing a variety of administrative duties in support of the Marketing & Development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY
- Provides primary administrative support to the Marketing & Development department.
- Coordinate in general fundraising initiatives and special events.
- Manages agency database and all ongoing community outreach efforts in E-tapestry.
- Monitors and maintain the Constant Contact lists for the agency’s electronic communications.
- Ensures gift acknowledgements are prepared for CEO or Vice President of Marketing & Development’s signatures.
- Prepares year-end donation summary statements.
- Attends all departmental meetings.
- Manages organization’s direct mail program / liaison with direct mail vendor.
- Manages room rentals and needs at agency headquarters.
- Performs relief receptionist duties as required.
- Serves as Round It Up retail Store liaison.
- Manages donor and prospect research through Wealth Engine.
- Meets or exceeds the attendance expectations for this position.
- Actively maintains a safe, healthy, and positive environment that promotes the physical and emotional well being of employees, customers and participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Personally participate in ongoing professional growth, education and development as well as supporting others in their efforts to develop.
- Working relationship with supervisor, co-workers, and interdepartmentally
- Must be a self-starter, and work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate initiative
- Must provide excellent customer service to both internal/external customers
- Must be able to work with all levels of management and staff
- Educate customers and the community about the mission and vision of the organization.
- Demonstrate the Goodwill core values through actions and words.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two to three (2-3) years administrative support experience is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of word processing and database programs
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sedentary – Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers, and files. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Limited – General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)