SKAR is looking for someone smart. Someone who can think creatively. Someone who wants to do something interesting every day. But inside of all of those things are the biggest qualifiers we’re looking for – a problem solver and killer communicator. If this description sounds like your dream job, keep reading.
The person in this position is expected to be a step up from an account coordinator, so they should have experience with project coordination/management, professional and client communication, marketing tactics and advertising/marketing team collaboration. Bonus points if you’ve handled budgets and know how to make things happen in Excel. This person will work with an account lead on client accounts – you may inquire for details on which accounts this position supports during the interview stage.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in an advertising or marketing position, preferably with client communication experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, PR, communications, business or related field
- Ability to excellently and professionally communicate (writing, in person, via phone, emails, reports/write-ups, across teams, etc.)
- Cover letter
- Short writing samples, case studies, relevant work descriptions and references are optional for initial submission. Some of these may be requested if chosen for an interview.
- Coordinates and communicates assigned areas of responsibility with clients with some oversight from account lead.
- Is able to participate and contribute to campaign strategy recommendations and planning.
- Knows and stays up to date on evolving advertising and marketing tactics, including digital display, interactive, connected TV, print, events/sponsorships, digital marketing integrations, digital video, social media ads, traditional TV, radio, digital radio, trade show, collateral, outdoor, etc.
- Provides assistance to lead account manager on day-to-day client activities, including responding to client phone calls and emails, production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow.
- Stays aware of client activities to provide backup when account lead is unavailable.
- Gathers and assembles background information as needed by account lead to develop creative briefs and other project documents.
- Provides input in planning stages as needed by account manager or production manager. Assists in creating agendas, campaign reports, proposals and other materials related to account service (except billing, production quotes/purchase orders and media plans unless otherwise instructed).
- Stays current with client approvals and other project developments and works with account lead to ensure digital archives of client deliverables are correctly stored and up-to-date.
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of account managers to potential problems before they occur.
- Reviews all agency work coming from the creative department before deliverables are sent out for assigned clients; informs production manager if any adjustments are needed before submitting for client approval.
- For assigned areas of responsibility, communicates client revisions to production manager and creative team.
- Supports account lead in effectively presenting, selling and defending all agency work/proposals to clients.
- Stays up to date on clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for client communication and responds promptly on assigned areas of responsibility or if the account lead is unavailable.
- Informs account lead regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account lead immediately in event of potential problems.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
Fun SKAR-wide activities and events
Professional development incentives
Apply at skar.com/jobs.