DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
REPORTS TO: Creative Director/Design
LOCATION: Omaha, NE
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This is a client-facing opportunity at a growing marketing strategy company. The Art Director is responsible for developing and delivering creative problem solving and refined design solutions for all clients assigned. A successful OBI Art Director is a hardworking, ambitious team player who loves the independence and creativity of a start-up environment.
This is a unique opportunity at a growing marketing strategy company for an Art Director lead on multiple accounts, and on multiple projects from inception to completion. Project types range from rebranding and website design to traditional advertising mediums (print, outdoor, TV/video direct mail, display advertising).You will be accountable for execution of these projects within all of the phases from creative concept development to final implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently and as part of an agency team that includes other designers, writers and account management.
- Concept, style and design all supporting graphics and style guides for client needs across all mediums with a desired emphasis in digital display, website, email campaigns and social media.
- Ability and desire to pitch design ideas and layouts internally and to the client
- Participate in campaign/project brainstorm meetings
- Ability to bring ideas to fruition through design and production of tactics
- A healthy understanding of production tactics such as printing techniques and final file prep.
- Work with account team/creative director/client to meet targeted deadlines and budget parameters
- Must be able to manage a project through all phases such as creative concept, creative direction, project management, print management, and product management.
- Experience leading creative efforts on client projects.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of design, photography, illustration, and typographic principles.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate creative concepts in conjunction with marketing strategy and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience as a designer in any of the following: advertising agency, design studio, corporate in-house communications
- Proficient on Mac with mastery of Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Advanced understanding of website design, usability, site navigation planning and architecture and user experience
- A minimum of basic knowledge of HTML
- Understanding of integrating graphics into web pages
- Strong interest in all online technologies and whatever is â€œnextâ€.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality; detail oriented.
- Good written and oral communications.
Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language as well as industry terminology related to the job. Able to quickly learn terminology and jargon appropriate to client campaigns. Sufficient fluency to be able to interact with clients regarding the details off their campaigns, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails, letters or memos, compose and proofread copy for campaigns, complete the documentation requirements of the job and interact successfully with clients, vendors, members of the media, employees, peer coworkers and OBI Creative management. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to provide calm and clear leadership during periods of intense workload.
Primarily works indoors in a facility maintained by OBI Creative that will be in good repair, clean and well lit. Occasional exposure to variations in temperature, dust, fumes, cleaning products. Frequent exposure to moderate noise from printers, phones, photocopiers etc. Frequent interruptions and changes in priorities based on needs of clients. Drives to client meetings in various locations, being exposed to extremes in temperature and changes in driving conditions.
Ability to gain access to the work area and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Ability to perform duties while sedentary, working at a desk and viewing a computer screen for extended periods. Vision and hearing within normal limits, with or without correction.
Automobile, phone, laptop, photocopier