The Creative Center, a college of art and design in Omaha, Nebraska, is looking for an adjunct web design instructor for the spring 2019 semester, with additional duties during the fall 2018 semester.
Responsibilities – Fall 2018:
- Give four scheduled, on-hour lectures during the Advertising 401 course
- Be available during scheduled lab hours to assist students with coding/producing a live website
Responsibilities – Spring 2019:
- Classes run from January 7 through May 17, 2019
- Class is one day per week from 8:30am until 3:30 pm.
- Instructor is required to give two, one-hour lectures during each class day; the rest of the day is supervised lab time
- Class size is approximately 15 students
- This is an independent contract position
- All instructors report to the Director of Education
- Bachelor degree (preferably in web, graphic design, advertising, or something similar)
- Four years of experience in web design
- Knowledge of hand coding and WordPress
- College-teaching experience (preferred)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Creative Center was founded in 1993 and offers two degree programs:
- Associate of Occupational Studies in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
The Creative Center is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
The Creative Center is authorized to operate as a four-year college offering a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree by the Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education under section 85-2411.
The Creative Center believes that with the correct training, students with drive and motivated artistic ability can achieve a successful and fulfilling career in graphic design. The Creative Center will aid students in the development of their natural artistic talents by mastering a variety of media and technical skills. Instructors encourage the students to think creatively and discover innovative problem-solving methods. Students will graduate with a working knowledge of tools, equipment, and computer graphics, as well as a professional-looking portfolio and résumé which will prepare them to enter the work force with confidence.
For more information about the Creative Center, see our website at: www.creativecenter.edu