Account Leadership – Omaha, Nebraska
Bailey Lauerman is a privately held marketing agency, founded in 1970 and headquartered in Omaha with an office in LA. While in industry terms we’re a “small” agency, we believe that’s a term relative only to our size, not to our thinking.
We’ve created client partnerships that lead to nationally-recognized work on brands like Cuties, Phillips 66, The Smithsonian, UnitedHealthcare, Bosch and Panda Express. We’ve been recognized as Advertising Age’s National Small Agency of the Year and as the No. 4 Most Effective Independent Agency in North America by the Effie Effectiveness Index.
For far too long, the 92% of America that lives outside of its 10 largest cities have been over-generalized, de-prioritized and misunderstood by agencies and marketers who assume we’re all the same, or we all want to be like “them”. As a 47-year old creative company rooted in Omaha, Nebraska we have developed an authentic understanding of a complex, diverse set of segments centrally important to scaling brands and businesses. You’ll find our approach refreshingly simple. We develop work that is smart, respectful and clever.
Our client roster is growing and so is our Account team. We’re looking for an Account Supervisor to lead the client/agency relationship for several brands, working closely with internals teams and overseeing projects from concepting to execution.
- This person should have incredible communication skills, excel in team environments and want the opportunity to grow into a good leader.
- You take great pride in the output of our agency’s creative work, and take ownership of the brands we work on.
- You know great work comes from great strategy and will work closely with the agency’s Strategy team
- You are comfortable working across all mediums and can show integrated thinking across channels
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of related experience
- Account management experience in an agency or other related environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or New Media.
BAILEY LAUERMAN CORE TENETS:
Respect Your Craft
- Know each client’s business, brand, industry and competition inside and out
- Collaborate with Account Planners on brand research and campaign strategies that make us sharper
- Write sharp, well-written and inspirational creative briefs by working closely with the agency’s Account Planners
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and guidance to our clients
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, including timelines and budgets
- Collaborate with Creative teams to ensure our work is on-brand and on-brief
- Ensure flawless execution across all channels
- Demonstrate analytical thinking in how our work will make an impact
Act Like A Pro
- Lead mid- and senior-level client relationships with constant & clear communication
- Provide a premium experience to clients by making sure every interaction is professional and intentional
- Keep clients informed of project schedules, next steps/necessary actions and project budgets
- Develop new scopes of work, and monitor work against existing scopes and budgets
- Initiate timely and accurate communication on project updates with clients and internal teams
- Develop agency POVs and provide rationale for our recommendations
- Be a leader in client and agency meetings, contributing to and documenting key decisions
Try New Things
- Seek out new opportunities for collaboration with our clients
- Present and sell through creative work and new ideas
- Build relationships with mid- and senior-level clients and partner agencies
- Participate in workshops or conferences that help develop your skills
- Manage and mentor junior team members
Some Cool Perks To Enjoy
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible schedules
- Paid maternity leave
- Company-provided laptop
- Friday breakfast club
- Cell phone stipend
- Affordable healthcare
- La Croix, Starbucks and plenty of candy
A majority of our stock is owned by our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employee ownership has, and continues to be, a driving force in our culture, as each employee, as an owner, has a vested interest and role in our collective success.