Yes, that’s what we need, and if that’s you, then we know you’ve got lots of options. So here’s our deal. At BL, you won’t be bored. Ever. You’ll get to push technology as far as it can go. You’ll be pushed yourself by working with some great advertising thinkers/creators – people you’ll love to collaborate with and learn from. You’ll work with teams, on your own, or sometimes kind of both. You’ll work on cool local brands (say, a brewery) to some of the biggest, baddest brands on the planet (say, Disney or AMC Theaters). For stuff we don’t want to do in-house, we have outside partners for that. And finally, tell us what you need to fall in love with a workplace. As long as it’s semi-legal, we’ll try like heck to make it happen. Sound good? Ok, then here are the particulars:
- Extreme proficiency with HTML/CSS. You understand the benefits of good, clean markup.
- You know what semantic coding is, understand the benefits, and it bothers you when other developers don’t.
- Play and work well with others, and enjoy collaboration.
- You can explain technical things to non-technical minds.
- A problem solver at heart who always lets the best idea win.
- You love learning and keeping pace with the technology we work with.
- You know exactly what browsers are still current, and it’s important to you that everything you build works on all of them.
- Experience working with PHP / ASP.NET / or other server-side programming languages.
- Flash and/or ActionScript experience.
- Working with databases, database design, and more specifically, MySQL.
- Mobile/tablet/responsive design and/or development skills.
- Social integration skills (working with APIs, plugins, widgets provided by third party social networking sites).
- Working with APIs, building native mobile apps, making Facebook tabs.
- Any other form of coding experience that resulted in something awesome.
To apply, just email us. Tell us why you’re the one. Include your resume and best work and coding samples. (If you send work you collaborated on, indicate which parts you were responsible for.) Anything else you want to tell us? Include that too, and email it all to firstname.lastname@example.org.