Meet The Pros 2013
February 11 & 12, 2013
Meet the Pros is an annual conference sponsored by the AAF Omaha. This annual event is designed to give college students in a five-state area and beyond the opportunity to explore careers in the advertising industry. Meet the Pros creates opportunities for student to make professional contacts at the event and offers in-person direction in academic studies, work options and extracurricular activities that will assist students in achieving their career objectives.
Visit www.meetthepros.org for complete details and registration information.
AAF Omaha Scholarship Program
The AAF Omaha proudly supports area college students pursuing careers in advertising, marketing and communications. To help them meet their goal and help us build future leaders for our club AAF Omaha offers several scholarship awards:
AAF Omaha Scholarship Funds
AAF Omaha has endowment scholarship funds with the University of Nebraska Foundation and the Creighton University Foundation.
Up to eight $1,000 and $2,000 scholarships are available to students at:
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Creighton University
Students seeking to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Completed the first semester of their junior year as an advertising major, marketing major, communiction (broadcast, journalism, mass media) major, public relations major or visual communication and design major
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average and are currently enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- Are members of a student advertising club or an American Advertising Federation chapter
- Attended the AAF Omaha Meet the Pros 2013 educational seminar
- Show great interest in the field of advertising as shown by student ad club involvement, extracurricular activities, work history, internships, etc.
Shaunna Briles, Jill Johnstone and Lori Stevenson past scholarship winners.
Congratulations 2012 AAF Omaha Scholarship Winner
Teresa Lauver (C&A Industries) and Mike Goldsmith (REI)
Vincent Carter & Logan Bartels University of Nebraska at Kearney
Emily Butz & Rebecca Zaiss Creighton University
2012 Richard Holland Advertising Scholarship Winners
Caitlyn Plant and Christopher Northern from the Creative with Kerry Heinrich, AAF Omaha President
2011 AAF Omaha Scholarship Winners
Teonne Daye, Amanda Olson & Lacie Wiese
2011 Scholarship Winners
Teonne A. Daye, University of Nebraska at Omaha
Destini Burns, University of Nebraskat at Omaha
Amanda Olson, University of Nebraska at Kearney
Lacie M. Wiese, University of Nebraska at Kearney
Kelly McManus, Creighton University
Makinzie Vowels, Creighton University
Your application for the 2013-2014 AAF Omaha Scholarships should consist of the following:
1. A letter, addressed to the AAF Omaha Board of Directors, explaining the following:
- The school you are currently attending and your current G.P.A. status
- The experience you have that makes you a candidate for this scholarship (involvement in a student ad club, AAF Omaha student member, attended Meet The Pros, etc.)
- Any other relevant experience you feel makes you the best candidate for the scholarship (work history, internship activity, extracurricular activities, etc.)
2. A copy of your current resume that outlines your work history and advertising involvement.
American Advertising Federation Omaha
P.O. Box 6146
Omaha, Nebraska 68106-6146
or e-mail to email@example.com.
Call (402) 561-6625 and speak with Teri Hamburger, executive director of AAF Omaha, or e-mail questions to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When awarded, scholarships are applied against the student’s tuition as outlined in the agreement between the scholarship fund administrator and AAF Omaha.
2013-2014 AAF Omaha Scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2013. Applications must be mailed or emailed no later than April 1, 2013.
Swanson Russell an AAF Omaha corporate member, offers its Gus Swanson Memorial Communications Scholarship to one high school student and one college student attending school in Nebraska. Visit www.swansonrussell.com for more information.